What's the Cost?
Pre To 3 is a free program provided by the Vanderburgh County Health Department.
What Happens During a Home Visit?
Each week, the Community Health Worker will do an activity with the caregiver/parent and the baby. The activities teach important skills that support healthy growth and development. Examples of topics and activities include:
• What happens during pregnancy
• Information about labor and delivery
• Choosing breastfeeding or bottle feeding
• How to connect with the new baby
• Postpartum depression and/or anxiety
• Basic care of a newborn
• Safe sleep instructions
• Information on physical and emotional development
• Car seat education/inspection
• Positive ways to handle the stress and emotions of being a parent
*A Little Lambs voucher is given after each visit
Who Visits Me and My Family?
Each parent/guardian/caregiver is assigned a Community Health Worker (CHW). The CHW visits the home every week and shares the curriculum in Growing Great Kids™. Community Health Workers bring in other professionals when needed. This includes a registered nurse, social worker, lactation consultant, and more.